Monday, May 7, 2012

Lube Up

My OB recommends olive oil as a great natural lubricant. I have never tried it because we cook with olive oil every day and I think the smell would trigger weird reactions--first our salivary glands and the next thing you know, it would be the Costanza Trifecta and we wouldn't be able to eat anything without a When Harry Met Sally diner scene.

If diamonds are a girl's best friend, lube is a woman's, especially after having kids. I literally do not care if my husband never buys me another jewel, but if the dog eats my lube (he's eaten much worse), he's for the glue factory and I might actually resort to olive oil.

The first time I ever bought a lubricant was at a Passion Party for a friend's wedding shower. I bought a sample size each of the Ultra Glide liquid and the gel. I have a decided preference for the gel. The liquid is very runny; the times I've tried to dispense it in the dark, I've ended up with a puddle in my palm and running through my fingers. It's also sticky. Yuck. The gel comes out in a firmer dollop and is therefore not messy. It lasts a long time and feels totally natural. Be advised that a little goes a long way. The only thing I don't love about the Passion Parties lube is that it's cold. I've recently tried K-Y's warming gel, which solved that problem.

What's scarier than salted, cured meats in the bedroom?
This guy in the bedroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment