Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lazy Thursday

If I could rap this post for you, I would.


I've been saving this post for a time when I need a go-to post because my brain is fried. Today is that day. If you were always the person named "least likely" to fill out an "about you" survey and send it on to friends, I apologize. I was definitely a "most likely" and I sent the hell out of those things.

Go ahead and post your own answers in the comments. You know you want to. Or, you could just go back to work.



A to Z About Me

A. Age: 29, as far as you know
B. Bed size: queen, would do a lot for a king sleep number
C. Chore that you hate: dishes, especially since my husband has a lot of nice stuff he won't let me put in the dishwasher
D. Dogs: collie or border collie mix. He's a rescue so we aren't sure
E. Essential start to your day: coffee
F. Favorite color: blue
G. Groin? Really?: Well, I could have used "crotch" instead. Or this. Would that have made you happier?
H. Height: about 5'2". One time a Dr. actually recorded my height as 5'2 and 17/18"
I. Instruments you play: my voice, but not much lately
J. Job title: homemaker
K. Kids: 2 sons and aforementioned dog
L. Live: on the far suburban edges of a large midwestern city
M. Memorable books: Middlemarch, Pride & Prejudice, Year of Wonders, Straight Man, Tess of the D'Urbervilles,
N. Nicknames: Punkin' (husband), my brother just calls me "girl"
O. Overnight hospital stays: aside from after childbirth, two stays when I was a little kid for getting really sick and dehydrated.
P. Pet peeves: abuses against the English language (not that I'm perfect)
Q. Quote from a movie: "Don't play dumb. We're better at it than you." --Bring It On
I love this movie but haven't watched it in years so I have no idea why that quotation popped into my head
R. Right or left handed: right
S. Siblings: a younger brother
T. Time you wake up: 1 am (bladder), 4:30 (baby), 5:30 (husband's alarm), 6:00 (3 yo)
U. Underwear: Gap lace-trimmed hipsters. Very comfortable, but still sexy
V. Vegetable you hate: peas
W. What makes you run late: I don't usually, but my mind isn't what it used to be. Sometimes I'll get everything loaded in the car and then remember that I didn't have my older son use the bathroom (and he thinks gas station rest rooms are the neatest), or I left my keys in the house, or forgot a wet bag for the baby's diapers.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: foot, for a stress fracture; breast, for a benign lump when I was too scared to have a biopsy (I was young); head, for sinus infection (ridiculous. This was in Spain. I used to get sinus infections about once a year, but the Dr wouldn't treat me till I had an x-ray); back, to rule out more serious conditions when I strained some muscles
Y. Yummy food that you love: Anything my husband makes. He's the chef in our house and his cooking is amazing. Some of my favorites are Thai chicken w/ peanut sauce, Cuban beef picadillo, and chicken tostadas
Z. Zoo animal: I love the big cats, and the guinea pigs at the Children's Zoo

Have a sexy holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment