Monday, April 30, 2012

Sexting

The first time I entertained the thought of sending a love note from the groin via text, I was pretty apprehensive about accidentally sending it to my dad or my husband forwarding it to a business contact. So my first sext was pretty oblique, which I thought was an advantage because it would provoke a response from my husband.


Here's what I envisioned:

Me: Don't mind if I do.
Him: Huh?
Me: What? Oh! I was replying. Didn't you just ask if I was in the mood for getting down tonight?
Him: Rrrrrowwwrrrr

Here's how it could have happened:

Me: Don't mind if I do.
Him: Huh?
Me: What? Oh! I was replying. Didn't you just ask if I was in the mood for getting down tonight?
Him: WTF!?!? Who were you texting??? R U CHEATING?!?!?

How it actually happened:

Me: Don't mind if I do.
NO REPLY. No mention of text during subsequent phone conversations.

Hours later, at dinner:

Me: Did you get my text?
Him: What text? Hang on.
Checks phone.
Him: Huh? What were we talking about? I can't remember what this is in reference to.
Me: Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment